As promised (or threatened, whichever way you choose to see it), the inevitable post on things that annoy me. Pull up a chair. These are numbered only for you to comment on your favorites; in no way does it signify preference.
- The populations’ propensity to legally plagiarize another’s words. As the saying goes: imitation is the highest form of flattery. I disagree. It’s okay to occasionally repost and republish memes, etc on your social media account, but if you have time to repeatedly do this throughout the day, then you have time to come up with something original.
- A previously mentioned annoyance: wearing a mask the incorrect way. If your nose is uncovered, you’re doing it wrong. Look it up. Perhaps you could use your imitation time (See: #1) for self education.
- Lack of common courtesy. Move yourself and your shopping cart out of the middle of the aisle. Give the right of way. Use some situational awareness! I actually see this more on the running trails and tracks than anywhere else. It’s not designed for 4 abreast. Get out of the way!
- The amount of emails I receive is ridiculous. It’s mostly junk or advertisements, but what most annoys me is I signed up for these things! Sometimes I spend much longer than necessary debating should I unsubscribe. Then again, when we receive junk mail, for a minute don’t we get excited there was actually mail in the mailbox?
- When I have to pee really bad and can’t find the tampon string. Sorry, maybe I should have put a warning on this one. Ladies, you get me.
The polite thing to do here would be to leave you with a tiny glimmer of my humility and good-natured humor. But what would a mostly complaining post be without some cynicism? I received the Newcomer’s Award during the 2nd Quarter Awards in my workplace. Truth: someone took the time and effort to nominate me and route a package. Cynic: with hiring at low levels, fairly certain I was the only option. Realist: I’m quite flattered and proud of my first award in what I hope amounts to a long line of many.
I ask you –
Can you relate to any of my complaints? Which one really hits home?
Please share your additions to the above list!
What award are you most proud of? Extra points to something with the words “Guinness” and “World Record”.
2 thoughts on “Nuance. The Polite Term.”
Congratulations on your award. Self deprecations aside, I’m sure it is more than well deserved. Bravo-Zulu.
Number one pet peeve: Peope who are rude and/or dismissive towards people working in service positions. I.e. wait people, counter people, etc. To me this is a touchstone of character.
Second on my list is men who wear sandals. I simply come from a generation that hid men’s toes. And we were all the better for doing so.
Dan, I wholeheartedly agree with both thoughts. Seems I was born in the wrong generation because, until thinking about it today, I never realized my feelings about men in sandals. And you’re right.